Information on collecting personal data
- The following contains information on how we collect personal data on our website. Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses and user behavior.
Controller in accordance with Article 4 para 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
MENNEKES Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KGTel. +49 (0) 27 23 / 41 – 1
Fax +49 (0) 27 23 / 41 – 2 14
You can reach our Data Protection Officer at
(or at our postal address with the addition "The Data Protection Officer")
- If we have recourse to contracted providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail of the events concerned below. We also name the established criteria for the duration of storage.
- You have the following rights with regard to the personal data we keep on you:
- Right to be informed,
- Right to rectification and erasure,
- Right to restrict processing,
- Right to object,
- Right to data portability.
In addition, you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us. The responsible authority is the Regional Officer for Data Protection and Freedom of Information for North Rhine Westphalia (https://www.ldi.nrw.de).
Collecting personal data when you visit our website
If you visit our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register with us or share information with us in any other way, we collect only the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you would like to look at our website, we collect the following data, which is required technically to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (the lawful basis is Article 6 para 1 p. 1 f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Access status / HTTP status code
- Transferred quantity of data
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and interface
- Language and version of browser software
Processing of personal data when applying
- By applying to a company of the MENNEKES Group, you provide the company with your personal data via a specific application. Your data will be stored and processed on the MENNEKES systems as well as on the systems of our software partner Haufe-umantis AG. In this case, MENNEKES Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG acts as the controller within the meaning of Article 4 (7) GDPR and Haufe-umantis AG as the processor within the meaning of Article 28 of the GDPR.
- In the application process, we collect additional data in addition to the information specified in §3. This includes:
- applicant master data (title, surname, first name, date of birth, address)
- application data (CV, certificates, assessments)- Communication data (telephone number, e-mail address, IP address)
- The data will be stored in the applicant database and kept strictly confidential. Employees of the Human Resources Department and personnel responsible for personnel selection in the MENNEKES Group's specialist departments have access to the data. Personal data will not be disclosed or used for any purpose other than as shown here by any unaffiliated person or entity outside the MENNEKES Group. The data can be used anonymously for statistical purposes (eg reporting). There are no conclusions about individual persons possible. The secure transmission and storage of the data is guaranteed.
The proper deletion of the applicant data takes place after the application process has expired or after expiry of the legally prescribed retention periods, unless explicit consent has been given for the longer-term storage. If an applicant is recruited to MENNEKES from the application, the personal data, or at most an excerpt thereof, will be added to the personnel file.
The consent to data processing pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR only applies to persons who have reached the age of 16 years. The processing of personal data for persons who have not yet reached the age of 16 is, according to Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR, only permissible if a parent or guardian accepts responsibility for such consent or accepts the consent. It is therefore assumed that the processing of personal data is justified for minors under the age of 16 with the consent of the legal guardian. This condition is based on the fact that it is in the interest of the applicant and the legal guardian that an application process can take place. The legal basis here is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR.
Processing of personal data in business relationship
If you have provided us with your data to fulfill a (pre-) contract an inquiry, a complaint / fault processing or for marketing reasons, further personal data will be stored. Depending on the application, this can include the following data categories:- personal data (eg name, salutation, title)
- Communication data (eg telephone, e-mail, addresses)
- Contract data (eg contract details, services, customer number, terms of payment, bank details)
- Customer history (eg e-mails, documents, call / call logs, questionnaires contract billing and payment data)
- Formulated questions about the company and our products
- Device data (e.g. serial numbers, locations)
- Planning and control data (eg processing status, tasks to be performed)
- information (from third parties, eg credit bureaus, or from public directories)
It is possible that customers of MENNEKES wish drop shipping. In this case, MENNEKES receives the personal data as well as communication data of customers of our customers who are not in direct contractual relationship with MENNEKES. These data are used solely to fulfill the contractual obligation to MENNEKES customers and to ship the goods to the appropriate delivery address. These third party data will not be used for purposes other than performance of the contract. The data will be protected to the same extent with suitable technical and organizational measures as any other data of the direct business partners of MENNEKES.
- The categories of personal data provided are processed and stored for the purposes of contract enforcement. They are kept in accordance with applicable legal obligations.
- The processing of the listed data types takes place exclusively on the basis of legal legitimacy of the legal bases listed under Section 10.
Making contact on our website
If you contact us by email or via a contact form, the data you have shared with us (your email address, your name and your telephone number, possibly screenshots if applicable) are stored by us so that we can answer your questions. If your request requires it and the answer is therefore in your interest or you have given us express consent, we forward your request together with your information to our MENNEKES subsidiaries, including those in other countries (in accordance with Article 49 para 1 GDPR). If the request requires and is pre-selected by the user, individual requests may also be forwarded to MENNEKES partner companies. We delete the data that occurs in this connection after it is no longer required to store it or we restrict the processing if statutory storage obligations exist. The data processed by MENNEKES in this context is either deleted after storage is no longer required or processing is restricted if there are statutory retention requirements. Where appropriate, individual enquiries can also be forwarded to MENNEKES partner companies for response.
- We would point out it is possible for emails to be read and changed without authorization and without it being noticed on an unencrypted transfer channel, if encryption technology was not used. In addition, MENNEKES uses spam filters to counter unwanted advertising, which in exceptional cases can also reject normal emails by mistake. Emails that contain viruses/malware are also blocked before delivery.
Computerised chatbot / service phone number
MENNEKES operates a computer-aided service telephone number and chat to prepare or answer technical enquiries, which records the necessary data for technical service or answers the most frequently asked questions without the intervention of employees. This also includes the automated transcription of the conversations. The purpose of this is to optimise customer enquiries. The legitimate interest results, among other things, from the faster processing of customer enquiries; the legal basis is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The recipients of the data provided are the responsible service employees of the MENNEKES Group and the service provider used to provide and implement the chatbot / service telephone number. The data processing takes place exclusively in Germany. The data is automatically deleted after 90 days unless it is required to resolve service cases. There is no automated decision-making.
As a rule, there is no transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Union (so-called third countries), unless it is required by law (eg tax reporting obligations) or if you have given consent to this to MENNEKES or the nature of the request. Personal data may be transferred worldwide within the MENNEKES Group, as far as this is necessary for the performance of the activities. In the context of a balancing of interests according to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR, MENNEKES can pass on payment experience data from debtors to credit agencies if the corresponding requirements are met (e.g. according to § 31 Para. 2 BDSG). If the data is passed on outside of the European Union, e.g. to Switzerland, the United Kingdom or the USA, this transfer is legitimised with Art. 44 et seq. GDPR and corresponding regulations.
- You have the option of registering for our newsletter. To do this, it is an absolute requirement that you share your email address with us. Optional information, such as disclosure of the full name, is only used to optimise the service and possibly merge data sets. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the unsubscribe link provided in the email. To subscribe to the newsletter, the double opt-in procedure is used to verify your email address and at the same time check that you agree to receive the newsletter. MENNEKES reserves the right to merge data records, provided that they can be unequivocally assigned to an active MENNEKES contact.
- If the user has given express prior consent, personal newsletter tracking can be deployed. When delivering the newsletter, MENNEKES can record certain of the recipient's data, e.g. the time of request for delivery, the IP address or information on the email program used (client). In this way, statistical analyses can be produced as well as carrying out assessments of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. Also, with the help of personal tracking, newsletters tailored to the requirements of the recipient can be sent. The name of the image file is individualised for each email recipient by attaching a unique ID. MENNEKES thereby notes which email address belongs to which ID and can therefore ascertain which newsletter recipient has just opened the email by calling up the image. This data is not forwarded to third parties.Data subjects are entitled at any time to cancel personal tracking as well as non-personal newsletter tracking. If you unsubscribe from personal tracking, the general newsletter continues to be sent. If you unsubscribe completely from the newsletter, you are automatically unsubscribed from all types of newsletter. Cancellation options are additionally detailed at the end of each newsletter.
Lawful basis for processing
Unless previously stated otherwise, we process the personal data provided to us in accordance with Article 6 para 1 a GDPR, as long as we have received the necessary consent for the processing purpose. If the personal data serves to fulfil a contract or pre-contract, we process the data in accordance with Article 6 para 1 b GDPR. If we are legally obligated to process personal data (e.g. tax-related obligations), we process the data in accordance with Article 6 para 1 c GPDR. The processing can, however, also result from legitimate interests of MENNEKES, whereby the lawful basis is Article 6 para 1 f GDPR. Legitimate interests include the maintenance of our viability as a business as well as the well-being of all of our staff and our shareholders.
In addition to the data mentioned above, when you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files, which are assigned to / stored on your hard disk by your browser and through which the cookie sets the place (in this instance, us) where certain information flows to us. Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and effective as a whole.
By default, only the necessary cookies are stored on your computer to ensure the proper operation of the website. This includes the cookies after a successful login process, for example. If you give your consent, other cookies are also stored in order to better understand how you use the website. The necessary cookies are saved when you visit our website for the first time. Other cookies, for example in connection with YouTube videos, are saved when you play the videos. You can find further details under §15.
We explain the cookies we use in our cookie statement (Cookie declaration). You can change or revoke your cookie setting there at any time.
- The website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained in the following:
- Transient cookies
- Persistent cookies
Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. These include session cookies, in particular. These store a session ID, with which the different requests of your browser attribute the common session. In this way, your computer can be re-recognised if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted if you log out or close the browser. Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a preset period, which can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. Pseudonymous user profiles can be produced from the processed data.
We use Google Analytics only with activated IP anonymization. This means that the IP address of the user is shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European economic area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google information.
Users can change or revoke the storage of cookies by making a corresponding setting in the cookie statement (Cookie declaration).
You can find out further information on data used for advertising purposes by Google, settings and opt-out options on the Google websites: https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/ ("Data used by Google when you use websites or apps of our partners"), http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads ("Data use for advertising purposes"), http://www.google.de/settings/ads ("Manage information that Google uses to display your advertising") and http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ ("Decide which advertising Google shows you").
MENNEKES' website uses Google Maps API to present geographical information visually. Google Maps is operated by Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Irland. Data on the use of the maps function by visitors to the website is collected, processed and used. By using this website, the user states that he or she agrees with the processing and use of data that is automatically collected as well as data entered by the user (including the IP address) by Google, one of its representatives or third-party providers. Further information on data processing by Google can be obtained from Google's data protection information, which can be downloaded from https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
MENNEKES' website uses the conversion tracking function as part of the advertising program "Google Adwords". A cookie is set - after agreement - as soon as the user clicks on an advert switched on by Google. If the user visits certain pages on the website of the AdWords customer and the cookie is still running, Google and MENNEKES can recognise that the user has clicked on the advert and was forwarded to this page. Every Adwords Customer receives another cookie. So cookies cannot be pursued via the websites of other AdWords users. The information retrieved with the help of the conversion cookie serves to produce conversion statistics for AdWords users, who have decided to use conversion tracking. MENNEKES learns the total number of users who have clicked on their advert and have been forwarded to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, MENNEKES does not receive any information with which users can be personally identified. If the user does not wish to participate in tracking, he or she can opt out.
Further information on data protection regulations by Google can be downloaded at the following: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
YouTube - Use of YouTube in privacy-enhanced mode
To display the fonts on our website, we use web fonts from "myfonts.com", a font service of MyFonts lnc. ("myfonts.com"), 600 Unicorn Park Drive, Woburn, MA 01801, USA. MyFonts provides licensed fonts that can be integrated on websites. For billing and license control a so-called Web Beacon of MyFonts has been deposited on our website. In this way, for example, the IP address or technical data of the terminal of the website visitor can be transmitted to MyFonts. Information about the MyFonts webfonts can be found here: http://www.myfonts.com/info/webfonts/. Privacy information is available at the MyFonts Privacy Center (http://www.myfonts.com/info/legal/).
Social Media (Facebook, XING, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter)
MENNEKES presents itself on social media platforms in order to get into contact with (potential) customers, employees, prospects or partners. In doing so, MENNEKES has no influence on the collection of data on these platforms, even though MENNEKES uses the provided data anonymously through the platform's own programs for statistical analysis. Nevertheless, we will apply the rights mentioned in Section 2 as far as possible to these platforms.
Use of AddThis plugins (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Xing)
MENNEKES not only provides its own websites but also online presences on social networks (so-called fan pages). These can be fan pages on Facebook, for example. They are used, among other things, to contact interested parties and users and to inform them about innovations. The data provided there can also be processed outside the European Union, as the data storage is carried out exclusively by the respective platform operator. In addition, most social networks offer additional analysis tools with which aggregated information about fan page users is made available to the fan page operator, as is the case with "Facebook Insights". These statistics are generated and provided solely by Facebook, without MENNEKES having any influence on them. Further information on the data collected can be found at de-de.facebook.com/help/pages/insights. The following data is provided to MENNEKES by Facebook-Insights: "Like" information, page view statistics, activities, video views, post interactions and reach, comments, shared content, responses, gender ratio, regional user distribution, language, clicks on individual buttons.
The personal data provided there for MENNEKES will be used exclusively for the purpose of communication, or, if explicitly stated, also for campaigns or competitions. Anonymized information may also be used to measure the range of coverage. The legal basis is based on Art. 6 Par. 1 lit. f DS-GVO. The legitimate interest is modern communication between interested parties, potential applicants, partners and customers regarding MENNEKES.
MENNEKES makes the platform of the MENNEKES solution finder available to various companies, whereby the companies can use their logo and claim, so-called "white labels". In order to avoid any irritation, it is expressly pointed out that all contact information and usage statistics entered are used exclusively by MENNEKES, and that the contact information is used by the MENNEKES partners selected by the user in each case. The company using the white-label platform does not receive any personal user data.
This website contains external links aswell, where MENNEKES has no influence in its content. Because of this MENNEKES assumes no liability for this content. Furthermore the respective provider is responsible for the provided information. At point of linking no statutory vialoation was recognizable. Upon notification of such an infringement, MENNEKES will remove this link immediately.
As at: 11/2020